Calusa Waterkeeper Rangers are community volunteers interested in helping monitor and advocate for water quality issues in Southwest Florida. We hold basic training courses annually to educate new Rangers, and are currently developing more advanced courses for existing Ranger graduates. Our Ranger team is a terrific variety of backgrounds and expertise and many are very active in local advocacy initiatives.
Meet Some of Our Amazing Volunteer Rangers!
Calusa Waterkeeper Ranger Zones
- Lake Okeechobee
- Freshwater Caloosahatchee
- Tidal Caloosahatchee
- Matlacha Pass
- Pine Island Sound
- Charlotte Harbor
- Estero Bay
Typically our Tidal Caloosahatchee and Estero Bay groups are the zones with the most interest and manpower. We would love you have you volunteer for any zone you are most interested in!
Ranger Reference Library
- CWK Volunteer Ranger Manual
- How to Make a Secchi Disk
- Clean Coastal Waters: Understanding and Reducing the Effects of Nutrient Pollution
- 2019 Florida Fish Advisories
- Exotic Fishes and Invertebrates of Southwest Florida
- A Beginner’s Guide to Fish Kills
- A Beginner’s Guide to Bacteria
- A Beginners Guide to Water Management – Oxygen and Temperature
- A Beginners Guide to Water Management – Nutrients
- A Beginners Guide to Water Management – The ABCs
- CWK Ranger Handbook